Please note that the interface for upgrading the Yealink T38G may differ slightly.
1. Visit the Yealink UK support page and scroll down to Firmware.
2. Download the relevant UK firmware for your phone model to your desktop.
3. Open the downloaded archive file and extract the containing .rom file. You may need WinRAR to open the file.
4. In your web browser, type in the IP address of your handset.
To find out the IP address, press Menu then 1. Status and 1. IP is the IP address.
The default username is admin and the default password is SUREVOIP + last 6 digits of MAC - to find out, press the OK button on your phone and note the last 6 digits. ie SUREVOIP10A5B7
5. Go to the Upgrade tab.
6. Under Select and Upgrade Firmware click Browse.
7. Locate the extracted .rom file, ie 184.108.40.206.rom
8. Click OK, then click Upgrade.
Follow any remaining on-screen instructions. Where it says do not power off, do not interfere at all, or you may cause your phone to become non-functional. Please be patient, it may take up to 15 minutes to complete the process.
For troubleshooting you may need to obtain a call trace. This is easily done on the Yealink handsets.
Screenshots to be added soon.
Copyright © 2010 — 2013. SureVoIP is a trading name of Suretec Systems Ltd. All rights reserved.